Sunday, June 12, 2005
* Your conscience may not keep you from doing wrong, but it sure keeps you from enjoying it.
* Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places.
* Misers aren't much fun to live with, but they make great ancestors.
* Be careful what rut you choose. You may be in it the rest of your life.
* The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has The same size bucket.
* When you see the handwriting on the wall, you can bet you're in a public restroom.
* Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
* The real reason you can't take it with you is that it goes before you do.
* Junk is something you throw away three weeks before you need it.
* Hospitality is making your guests feel at home, even if you wish they were.
* A closed mouth gathers no feet.
* A man (or woman) who can smile when things go wrong has found someone to blame it on.
* A modern pioneer is a woman who can get through a rainy Saturday with a television on the blink.
* The world is full of willing people: some willing to work and some willing to let them.
* Money isn't everything....there's credit cards, money orders, and travelers checks.
McLaren's Kimi Raikkonen won the Canadian Grand Prix and roared back into the Formula One title reckoning on Sunday as Renault's championship leader Fernando Alonso drew a blank...
Mike Tyson's career apparently ended in yet another shocker Saturday night when he quit on the stool after taking a beating in a foul-filled sixth round against unheralded Kevin McBride.
... believe the 5 corporations who own almost all of the media in the U.S. are liberal.
... believe $300 billion of U.S. tax money, allocated for the war and reconstruction in Iraq is actually going to Iraq.
... are unaware Iraq had 650 million barrels of oil in reserve just before the war in Iraq.
... are unaware at least $8.8 billion is known to be missing in Iraqi oil revenue from the period the U.S. was in control of Iraq.
... are unaware 198 million in Iraqi dollars is missing from the Iraq treasury from the period the U.S. was in control of Iraq.
... are unaware that war is exceptionally profitable for a small number of investors.
... believe Halliburton's no-bid contracts have nothing to do with former CEO, now Vice President Dick Cheney.
... are unaware that the Iraq war is the biggest case of war profiteering in human history.
... believe Saddam Hussein or Iraq had anything to do with 9/11, Al Qaeda or Osama bin Laden.
... are unaware the U.S. has killed more than 10,000 innocent women and children in Iraq with cluster bombs and depleted uranium munitions.
... believe depleted uranium weapons are not radioactive or deadly weapons of mass destruction (they are 12% less radioactive than nuclear weapons grade uranium and very deadly).
... believe wealthy, warmongers can also be true Christians.
... are unaware stem cell research threatens the pharmaceutical industry by curing and preventing diseases which drug companies profit from by treating with drugs.
... are unaware the pharmaceutical industry is based entirely on treatment and is threatened by cures and prevention.
... are unaware the Food and Drug Administration does NO testing of food or drugs. They only set guidelines and review the testing corporations do of their own products.
... are unaware the Medicare Prescription Drug and Modernization Act has been 're- estimated' to cost U.S. taxpayers $1.3 trillion (not the original
$243 billion or the 'adjusted' $400 billion), and only pharmaceutical corporations and HMOs benefit from the increase.
... are unaware the Boston Tea party was a protest against corporate corruption (East India Company).
... are unaware our founding fathers intentionally made sure that corporations had no power over people or our government.
... are unaware corporations have fought aggressively and systematically over the past 200 years to increase their power and influence over our government.
... are unaware U.S. corporations are now protected under the 14th amendment as a legal 'person.'
... are unaware the definition of fascism is: 'The marriage of corporation and state' -- Benito Mussolini.
... are unaware well known U.S. corporate interests attempted a military coup against Franklin Roosevelt in 1933.
... are unaware most corrupt and wasteful government projects are run primarily by corporate contractors.
... are unaware 'less government' means paying corporate contractors three times what we pay government workers to do the same work.
... are unaware American corporations behave very differently in other countries.
... are unaware Enron and others were NOT investigated until they collapsed under the weight of their own greed.
... are unaware Bush's massive tax cuts were invested overseas to build sweat shops, factories and other facilities, where our jobs have been outsourced.
... are unaware outsourcing American jobs weakens labor unions and keeps wages low and corporate profits high .
... are unaware weak enforcement of immigration laws lowers wages in the U.S. and increases corporate profits.
... are unaware 'Free Trade' means 'Slave Wages' to poor people in Honduras, Bangladesh, China, Malaysia, Burma, Cambodia, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Philippines, Thailand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Nepal, El Salvador, Guatemala, Burma, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and others.
... believe America is hated all over the world because of our freedom.
... believe the massive U.S. national debt (now $7,786,000,000,000) created by Republican presidents Reagan, Bush and Bush does not seriously threaten the future of our children and grandchildren.
... are unaware massive national debt ensures the expansion of poverty, which keeps wages low, which increases corporate profits.
... are unaware widespread poverty keeps wages low and corporate profits high.
... are unaware weak gun control laws perpetuate violence in poor neighborhoods which expands poverty, reduces wages and increases corporate profits.
... are unaware abortions go down only when we reduce poverty, expand healthcare and improve education.
... are unaware that making abortion illegal expands poverty which reduces wages and increases corporate profits.
... believe the Michael Jackson trial deserved more news coverage than the genocide of 400,000 people in Darfur, Sudan.
... believe Social Security is the biggest priority in America.
... are unaware privatizing Social Security would be a massive give away to experienced Wall Street investors that would also destabilize Social Security.
... are unaware that NOT funding 'No Child Left Behind' is dismantling funding for schools in poor neighborhoods, which expands poverty, lowers wages and increases corporate profits.
... are unaware the Healthy Forests Initiative has led to massive clear cutting of prime lumber and almost none of the forest fire prevention that it was sold on.
... are unaware the Clear Skies Initiative has increased pollution.
... are unaware Tort Reform will absolve corporations of massive negligent liabilities for things like asbestos exposure, pollution, mercury poisoning, hazardous waste, mad cow disease and all sorts of dangerous products and practices.
... are unaware mercury pollution (mostly from coal fired power plants and medical vaccines) has caused an epidemic of Autism, ADD and ADHD in the U.S.
... are unaware the Bush administration is dismantling three decades of US environmental protection.
... believe global warming is a rumor or conspiracy.
... are unaware 'Global Warming' is causing colder weather because the melting ice caps are cooling the gulf stream.
... believe the UN scandals could have taken place without the largest, most influential member and host nation being involved.
... believe making a war monger ambassador to the UN will help prevent more wars.
... are unaware that expanding equal rights to any segment of the population (including gay people) also expands economic opportunity and puts pressure on wages, which would reduce corporate profits.
If you believe Fox News is fair and balanced, you have been brainwashed by corporate owned media.
A group of naked cyclists ride past the Cibeles statue in central Madrid Saturday June. 11, 2005. The cyclists were protesting the lack of cycling lanes in the capital drawing attention to the numerous accidents with other vehicles. (AP Photo/Mariana Eliano)
Saturday, June 11, 2005
"Escher. All Escher, all the time, He's not cliche anymore. Everyone's got at least one, so... Anything goes-- tweak it, colour it, tattoo it, whatever, start with an Escher, and have fun.The rules of this game are thus: You are to photoshop any MC Escher image in some way. As always, quality is a must. We will remove poor entries no matter how much we like you. You'll have 48 hours for this contest, so make your submissions count."
"Please give us your honest opinion on how to resolve the shortage of foodstuffs in the rest of the world."
This question turned out unsuccessful and evidently difficult to understand:
In Africa, nobody knew what foodstuffs were.
In Eastern Europe, the meaning of honesty was a mystery to many.
In Western Europe, people didn't understand what shortage meant.
In China people didn't know what an opinion is.
In the Middle East, the idea of resolving something was totally unknown.
In Latin America, people didn't know the meaning of 'please'.
In the United States, the concept of 'the rest of the world' was incomprehensible.
Thursday, April 21, 2005
2. Give yourself a high level of self care. This includes eating nourishing foods, exercising, meditation and playtime. When you take care of yourself first, you will have more energy, as well as, a higher quality energy.
3. Remove all clutter from your life. This includes inner and outer clutter. Clear your drawers, closets and homes of unwanted energy draining stuff! Clear out people who are energy vampires. Say no more often. Say no to the engagements, volunteer activities and favors that bring you no joy. Do this without guilt. The cleaner and clearer you become, the more efficient and effective you will run. Journaling each day can also clear the inner you out.
4. Keep yourself in integrity. In other words, be true to yourself. Do not lie to yourself. Do not gossip or judge. Do your best in all situations. Be aware. Ask yourself, am I acting from a place of love? Respond, don't react.
5. Be with people who support you. Let go of those you no longer feel connected to. Get out of the drama, and into the growth.
6. Play. Spend time each week doing something you enjoy. Alone if possible. Go to a park, write, draw or golf. Live life! Don't just exist. Refocus on what you enjoy. Realize the value of recharging.
7. Remember who you are! We are not humans with a spirit. We are spirit, experiencing being physical. We can create anything, be anything and do anything. Nothing is impossible.
8. What is your vision for your life? What do you feel passionate about? What would you like to contribute to the world? What would you like for everyone to have? If you could live any way you wanted, what would it look like? What would it feel like? Write this down in great detail. What are you doing? Who are you being? What are the qualities of your being?
9. What actions do you need to take to bring this into reality? What do you need to let go of in order to make space for this? How great does it feel to have direction?
10. Be this person you see, right now. Do not wait until you think all the conditions are perfect. By being this person now, you will bring into your reality, that which you choose to create.
Wednesday, April 20, 2005
Pope Benedict XVI suffered 1991 brain hemorrhage -- CNN
Pope Benedict XVI -- Wikipedia
Quotes by Pope Benedict XVI -- Desert Sun
Book by Pope Benedict XVI - God and the World
From Hitler Youth to the Vatican -- Guardian
According to Ellie's World: The new pope is more of the same. He's conservative ... but he's old and will serve a short term as prophecy dictates after which one final pope comes to the world stage. April 20 is the anniversary of Hitler's birth. Interesting that Ratzinger comes from Germany ... curiouser and curiouser. Ratzinger was a Nazi soldier until 1945. Ratzinger chose the name Pope Benedict XIV.
Papal Prophecy and St. Malachy - Prophecy #9
- The Glory of the Olive. The Order of St. Benedict has said this Pope will come from their order. It is interesting that Jesus gave his apocalyptic prophecy about the end of time from the Mount of Olives. This Pope will reign during the beginning of the tribulation Jesus spoke of. The 111th prophesy is "Gloria Olivae" (The Glory of the Olive). The Order of Saint Benedict has claimed that this pope will come from their ranks. Saint Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world his Order, known also as the Olivetans, will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its fight against evil.
Link found at Ellie's World