- Metrosexual: An urban male who pays a great deal of attention to appearance.
- X: As in "X-Files," Xtreme, Windows XP and X-Box.
- Punked: To dupe, popularized by the MTV show "Punk'd."
- Place Stamp Here: Printed on return envelopes.
- Companion animals: Also known as pets.
- Bling or Bling-Bling: Flashy jewelry.
- LOL: E-mail speak for "laugh out loud."
- Embedded Journalist.
- Smoking Gun.
- Shock and Awe.
- Captured Alive.
- Shots Rang Out.
- Ripped From the Headlines.
- Sweat Like a Pig: The problem is pigs don't sweat.
- In Harm's Way.
- Hand-Crafted Latte.
- Sanitary Landfill: Also known as a dump.
Friday, January 02, 2004
The 2004 list of words that should be banished for "misuse, overuse and general uselessness," according to Lake Superior State University:
at 1/02/2004 01:53:00 AM